Terms and Conditions
Privacy, Warranty Disclaimer, Anti-SPAM Policy, Indemnification, Termination, Prohibited Content
Summary Terms & Conditions: Our mobile text messages are intended for recipients over the age of 13 and are delivered via a local phone number from ReputationBeast.com under license of ReputationBeast.com. You will receive up to 30 messages per month. Messaging & Data Rates May Apply. This service is available for subscribers on AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Alltel, T-Mobile ®, Sprint and Nextel, Virgin Mobile USA, Cincinnati Bell, Centennial Wireless, U.S. Cellular®, Boost, and others in the US. Many international carriers are also supported. The list of international carriers includes SaskTel, Microcell Connexions, NorhterTel Mobility, MTS Communication, Telebec, Aliant Mobility, Telus, Virgin Mobile Canada, Bell Mobility, and Rogers. For help, text SUPPORT to (REPUTATIONBEAST PHONE NUMBER) or send an email to [email protected] You may stop mobile subscription at any time by sending a text message OUT to the local phone number you received the message from. Your phone must have text messaging capability.
Terms on this page applies to subscribers who sign up for distribution lists managed by users of ReputationBeast service.
By signing up on an Online Sign-up Page you (the “subscriber”) are subscribing to distribution list(s) powered by ReputationBeast.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Message and data rates may apply. To report SPAM or abuse or to contact us visit www.reputationbeast.com. Please include the organization name and phone number of the organization you would like to report.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The ReputationBeast Service is not intended for children under 13, and ReputationBeast does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. Some ReputationBeast users may classify and rate their message content for recipients with 21 years of age or older. Please observe content rating for intended audience before you sign up for any distribution list or mobile keyword.
Information Collection and Your Privacy
Your contact information is collected by a ReputationBeast user on an opt-in basis and can be collected in two ways:
- ReputationBeast user collects your name, mobile number, and email address when you subscribe to the user`s Online Sign-up Page.
- ReputationBeast user can also collect your mobile number when you text the user`s Mobile number or Keyword to ReputationBeast’s phone number.
ReputationBeast does not expose your direct contact information to ReputationBeast users (owners of the Online Sign-up Page or Mobile Keyword) unless we have explicit or implied consent from you.
ReputationBeast may use or disclose information about you, including your personal information, under the following circumstances:
- To provide you with products and services you request.
- To anticipate and resolve problems and conflicts with our products and services.
- For verification and authentication purposes in regards to requests or changes of any personal information or data related.
- For other purposes communicated to you at the time you provide or authorize the use of your information.
- In response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process.
- To establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- When ReputationBeast believes such use or disclosure is (a) necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or (b) required by law.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, consolidation, divestiture, or bankruptcy of ReputationBeast.
Becoming a ReputationBeast user.
ReputationBeast can change your SMS phone number at any time with proper notice.
ReputationBeast provides businesses and organizations with a variety of tools to collect names, mobile numbers, and email addresses. ReputationBeast’s service may NOT be used for sending of unsolicited messages (sometimes called “spam”). See our Anti-SPAM Policy.
Use of the service and any reliance by you upon the service, including any action taken by you because of such use or reliance is at your sole risk. ReputationBeast does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error free, nor does it make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of the service. The service is provided “as is” and ReputationBeast disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
ReputationBeast has a no tolerance spam policy. ReputationBeast’s customer support actively monitors large import lists and messages going to a large number of contacts. Any customer found to be using ReputationBeast for spam will be immediately cut-off from use of the service. If you know of or suspect any violators, please notify us immediately by sending an email to [email protected] Every first out-going message via ReputationBeast contains a mandatory unsubscribe link. If the link is removed or de-activated in any way, ReputationBeast will terminate the customer’s account.
- What is Spam – Spam is unsolicited email also known as UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email). By sending messages to only to those who have requested to receive it, you are following accepted permission-based messaging guidelines.
- What constitutes a pre-existing business relationship (a required condition for permission-based messaging) – The recipient of your message has made a purchase, requested information, responded to a questionnaire or a survey, or had offline contact with you.
- What constitutes consent – The recipient of your message has made a purchase, requested information, requested to be added in your distribution list, responded to a questionnaire or a survey, or had offline contact with you.
Acknowledgements Subject in each case to the terms listed in the remainder of this Agreement, you hereby acknowledge and agree that:
- The service may only be used for lawful purposes.
- The service will be subject to monthly subscription fees once you have completed your free trial period or have exceeded the free trial offering if there is one.
- You agree you will not access or otherwise use ANY third party mailing lists for email addresses or mobile phone numbers, or otherwise prepare or distribute unsolicited messages in connection with our service.
- You agree to import, access or otherwise use only lists for which all listed parties have consented to receive correspondence from you (“Permission Based Lists”) in connection with your use of the service. You hereby covenant that you shall not use any other lists in connection with your use of the service.
- You acknowledge and agree that not all messages sent via ReputationBeast’s service will be received by their intended recipients.
- Every message sent by you in connection with the service must contain ReputationBeast’s END instruction that allows the recipient to remove themselves from your mailing distribution list(s).
- You will comply with the restrictions on the content of the messages and the activities using the service as set forth in this Agreement.
- You agree to comply with all local, state and federal regulations and general practices governing your specific content or promotion type. In particular, alcoholic beverages or entertainment content or promotions targeted for people over 21 years of age have to be clearly marked with such age limitation.
- ReputationBeast, at its own discretion and at any time, may immediately disable your access to the service without refund if ReputationBeast believes in its sole discretion that you have violated any of the policies listed above or anywhere else in this Agreement.
- If any provision of the Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- ReputationBeast and you agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications, and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, and that all waivers and modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein. No delay or omission by either party in exercising any right or remedy under this Agreement or existing at law or equity shall be considered a waiver of such right or remedy.
- No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of the Agreement, and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind ReputationBeast in any respect whatsoever.
- In any action or proceeding to enforce rights under the Agreement, ReputationBeast will be entitled to recover its costs and attorneys’ fees.
- The Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state where ReputationBeast has located its principal place of business without regard to its choice of law or conflict of law’s provisions. All legal actions in connection with the Agreement shall be brought in the state or federal courts located nearest to where ReputationBeast is headquartered.
You hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless ReputationBeast and its business partners, third-party suppliers and providers, licensors, officers, directors, employees, distributors and agents against any damages, losses, liabilities, settlements, and expenses (including without limitation costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees) in connection with any claim or action that (i) arises from any alleged breach of this Agreement, (ii) arises from the content or effects of any messages you distribute using the Products or (iii) otherwise arises from or relates to your use of the service. In addition, you acknowledge and agree that ReputationBeast has the right to seek damages when you use the service for unlawful purposes, in an unlawful manner, and/or in a manner inconsistent with the terms of this Agreement, and that such damages may include, without limitation, direct, indirect, special, incidental, cover, reliance and/or consequential damages.
You may terminate this Agreement at any time by notifying ReputationBeast’s Customer Support. There are no refunds for any fees paid. ReputationBeast may terminate this Agreement or the service, disable your account or put your account on inactive status, in each case at any time with or without cause, and with or without notice. ReputationBeast shall have no liability to you or any third party because of such termination or action. ReputationBeast may delete any of your archived data within 30 days after the date of termination. If your account is classified (at ReputationBeast’s sole discretion) as inactive for over 180 days, ReputationBeast has the right to permanently delete all of your account data.
ReputationBeast prohibits the use of the service by any business, person, or entity that:
- Provides, sells or offers to sell any of the following products or content (or services related to the same): pornography or illicitly pornographic sexual products, including but not limited to magazines, video and software; escort services; illegal goods; illegal drugs; illegal drug contraband; pirated computer programs; instructions on how to assemble or otherwise make bombs, grenades or other weapons.
- Displays or markets material that exploits children, or otherwise exploits children under 18 years of age.
- Sends materials, contents, and promotions of items that are not appropriate for children under 18 years of age based on the general practices of your industry or the community that you serve without clearly identifying age limitation for consuming your content.
- Provides, sells or offers products, services or content frequently associated with unsolicited commercial email, a.k.a. spam, such as online and direct pharmaceutical sales, including but not limited to health and sexual well-being products, work at home businesses, credit or finance management, including but not limited to credit repair and debt relief offerings and stock and trading tips, and mortgage finance offers, DJ/nightclub, event/club promotions/party lists, and odds making and betting/gambling services, including but not limited to poker, casino games, horse and dog racing and college and pro sporting events.
- Provides material that is grossly offensive, including blatant expressions of bigotry, prejudice, racism, hatred or excessive profanity or post any obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing or otherwise objectionable content.
- Posts or discloses any personally identifying information or private information about children without their consent (or their parents’ consent in the case of a minor).
- Sells or promotes any products or services that are unlawful in the location at which the content is posted or received.
- Introduces viruses, worms, harmful code and/or Trojan horses on the Internet.
- Promotes, solicits or participates in pyramid schemes or multi-level channel and/or network marketing (MLM) businesses, including but not limited to personal work-at-home offers promoting “get rich quick”, “build your wealth” and “financial independence” offerings.
- Engages in any libelous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, harassing activity.
- Posts any content that advocates, promotes or otherwise encourages violence against any governments, organizations, groups or individuals or which provides instruction, information or assistance in causing or carrying out such violence.
- Provides content, including images, of authors, artists, photographers or others without the express written consent of the content owner.